Hartington Celebrates The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee.
Throughout the long weekend we have a variety of events taking place.
- Thank You Flower Festival at St Giles’ Church.
- Walk of Words at St Giles’ Churchyard
- Jubilees In Hartington 1887-2022 at the Village Hall
- Scarecrow Competition throughout the Village. Our theme this year is ‘Kings and Queens throughout the Ages’. Entry forms have been sent out along with a Programme of Events with News & Views.
- Join us on Thursday evening at 7pm for a special concert featuring Warslow Silver Band. Tickets are £5 and are available now from The Post Office and are selling fast. Bring your own drinks.
- The concert is followed at 9.40pm by a specially written bugle call, entitled Majesty to take place at the Village Pond and at 9.45pm our beacon will be lit joining other beacon lightings across the UK and the Commonwealth.
Starting at 1.30pm on Friday 3rd June there is a Family Treasure Hunt beginning at the Farm Shop ending at 4pm. Throughout the day our judges for the Scarecrow Competition will be wandering the streets of Hartington. Entry Forms are avaible at the British Legion and The Post Office.
On Saturday the 4th June we will have the infamous Wheelbarrow Race and the Tug of War to take place at the Duck Pond and Village Green. Entry forms have been sent out along with a Programme of Events with News & Views.
On Sunday there will be a Church Service at 10am and at 2pm we will be holding our Jubilee Picnic in the field behind the War Memorial. Bring your own picnic, drinks and rugs. We will have Music fit for The Queen and a Jubilee Pudding Display & Tasting. The winners of the Scarecrow Competition will also be announced. The finale of the weekend’s events is a peal of Bells from St Giles’ Church.