- Welcome to the Hartington Wildflowers group page
We are developing spaces across the village to support wildflowers and wildlife, which are created and maintained by the community.
Recent times have shown us that Nature needs us more than ever, and we need Nature as well, and our team of volunteers have agreed on the objectives of this initiative which are to:
- – Address the challenges of sustainability, care of the environment and natural world,
– Provide a means to promote physical and mental health and well-being,
– Encourage community collaboration.
Our active group of volunteers helps to manage a number of wildflower sites across the village, and we organise regular volunteer days as well. Not only are we helping our local environment, it feels good to be outdoors and close to nature working with others!
Wildflower areas we currently manage are located at:
– The primary school,
– St Giles churchyard,
– Stonewell Lane,
– Farm Shop and Sculpture Studio,
– Mill Lane Car Park,
– Youth Hostel Pond and Orchard,
– Village Planters (planted with pollinator friendly plants)
New volunteers are always most welcome, and the group can also provide guidance and advice on how to establish and manage wildflowers in your own garden.
We have our own Facebook page, which can be found here
Contact: Phillip Neal email@example.com 07714 895175-