In case of emergency


The default Emergency Contact is to Dial 999

Medical Facilities in Hartington :

Defibrilator location

Hartington Surgery

Hartington Surgery now offer a Pharmacy for registered patients.

– Website :

– Facebook :  Hartington Surgery Patient Participation Group

Alstonefield and Wetton First Responders

Website:  Home Page – Wetton & Alstonefield Community First Responders (


Facebook: Wetton and Alstonefield Community First Responders – WACFR | Facebook

Nearest Urgent Treatment Facilities

Buxton Hospital : 01298 214 000

London Road , Buxton, Derbyshire, SK17 9NJ

Website: Urgent Treatment Centre – Buxton Hospital – NHS (

Urgent Treatment Centre Video: Urgent Treatment Centre Animation – YouTube

Other Urgent Treatment Centres:  Urgent Treatment Centres (

Emergency Dental Treatment: How can I access an NHS dentist in an emergency or out of hours? – NHS (

Buxton Mountain Rescue

If you find yourself in need of Mountain Rescue you MUST CALL 999 or 112, ask for the Police and say you need Mountain Rescue. Buxton Mountain Rescue can ONLY respond to requests made by the Police, NOT directly from members of the Public.

Website: Buxton Mountain Rescue Team

Email: General enquiries:




To report cruelty to an animal or telephone 0300 1234 999

To report injury to wildlife (larger than a rabbit) telephone 0300 1234 999

For wildlife smaller than a rabbit please take it to the local vet or animal sanctuary

Animal Sanctuary

Pet Samaritans (Chesterfield) Website:

Tel: 01246 455777  /  Mobile: 07872 421878 (Please note we are not able to offer advice through text messages to our mobile) We are not able to answer calls after 4.30pm

Dog Warden


Hartington Parish Council

Website: – Home

Derbyshire Dales District Council

Website: Home – Derbyshire Dales District Council

Council departments

Customer service telephone line: 01629 761 100 – is open Monday – Friday between 9.00am and 5.00pm (except Wednesdays 9.30am – 5.00pm)

Twitter: (@derbyshiredales)

Derbyshire County Council

Home – Derbyshire County Council

Councillors – Derbyshire County Council – Contact your Councillor

Derbyshire CC Highways – Report a road fault   Road maintenance – Derbyshire County Council

Report a blocked drain / gully – Flooding (drainage and gullies) – Derbyshire County Council

Are you worried about someone: Child / Vulnerable Adult – Worried about someone? – Derbyshire County Council

Peak District National Park Authority

Website:  Home: Peak District National Park

Phone: 01629 816200

Twitter: @peakdistrict

Derbyshire Police

Website: Home | Derbyshire Constabulary

Rural Crime Unit: Derbyshire Rural Crime Team | Facebook

Wildlife Crime: If you think a wildlife crime is being committed then contact us by reporting a crime online.

If a crime is happening or someone is in danger, call 999. If you’re deaf or hard of hearing, use our textphone service 18000 or text us on 999 if you’ve pre-registered with the emergencySMS service.

You can also report wildlife crime anonymously to Crimestoppers by calling 0800 555 111.

Air Ambulance:

Website: The Air Ambulance Service      

Derbyshire Fire and Rescue

Website: Home :: Derbyshire Fire and Rescue Service (

Non-emergency contact: Get in touch :: Derbyshire Fire and Rescue Service (

Facebook: Derbyshire Fire & Rescue Service | Facebook


Severn Trent – Emergency Details:

Active Incidents: Incidents | In My Area | Severn Trent Water (

Report a problem: Check my area | In My Area | Severn Trent Water (

Western Power:  – Power Cuts information Emergency information 24/7

0800 6783 105 or call 105

Environment Agency:

Website: Environment Agency – GOV.UK (

Report an environmental incident: Report an environmental incident – GOV.UK (


St Giles’ Church

Website: St Giles Hartington

Facebook: St Giles Church, Hartington – Home | Facebook

Charitable Support

Farming Help: 03000111999

Confidential Help for the Farming Community. Helpline operated everyday from 7am to 11pm

Samaritans: Call FREE from any phone 116 123 or email

Rabi Supporting Farming Families: Freephone Helpline: 0808 281 9490

Derbyshire Rural Chaplaincy: Contact on 07710 088972


Childline: 0800 1111 or

Citizens Advice Derbyshire Dales and Derbyshire

Website: Citizens Advice Derbyshire Districts (  / Derbyshire Citizens Advice ( /

Citizens Advice is also available through the Hartington Surgery


If these links don’t provide the information you need then you may get answers by posting to the Hartington Community Group Facebook Page or Twitter: @Hartington_Info although these are not staffed and the Hartington Community Group will not be responsible for any of the response made by individuals.