Hartington Wakes Sports & Country Show
13th September ‘High Fields’ Hartington, Hall Bank, SK17 0AT
HANDICRAFTS & HOME PRODUCE
No exhibitor to enter more than one exhibit in any one category. The judges will commence their duties at 10.30am promptly. Please ensure all exhibits are on display between 8am -10am on the day of the show. No exhibits can be received after 10am.
CLASS 1: HANDICRAFTS:
Cat:1. EMBROIDERY or NEEDLEWORK
Cat:2. A CUSHION
CLASS 2: FLORAL ART:
Cat:1. HARVEST BASKET
Cat:2. A PETITE ARRANGEMENT not to exceed 9”
CLASS 3: PHOTOGRAPHY:
Cat:1. DERBYSHIRE SCENE
Cat:2. HOLIDAY PHOTOGRAPH
Cat:3. FARM ANIMAL
Cat:4. THE SKY
CLASS 4: CHILDRENS:
Cat:1. MINIATURE FARM ON A BISCUIT TIN/TRAY no larger than
40 x 25cm, up to 6 YEARS
Cat:2. COLLAGE max A3
Cat:4. ANIMAL MADE FROM VEGETABLES
Cat:5. 3 CHEESE STRAWS
CLASS 5: ART:
Cat:1. PAINTING IN ANY MEDIA no larger than 60 x 50cm/24 x 20”
Cat:2. A PENCIL DRAWING
Cat:3. A COLLAGE IN ANY MEDIUM
CLASS 6: FLOWERS:
Cat:1. 3 DAHLIAS ANY VARIETY
Cat:2. 3 FLOWERS OF A DIFFERENT KIND
Cat:3. 3 ROSES
Cat:4. A DISPLAY OF COTTAGE GARDEN FLOWERS
CLASS 7: VEGATABLES:
Cat:1. 6 RUNNER BEANS
Cat:2. 3 TOMATOES
Cat:3. 3 ONIONS
Cat:4. 3 POTATOES
Cat:5. LARGEST RUNNER BEAN
Cat:6. 3 BEETROOT
CLASS 8: EGGS:
Cat:1. 3 BANTAM ANY COLOUR
Cat:2. 3 HEN ANY COLOUR
Cat:3. 1 DUCK EGG
CLASS 9: CAKES:
Cat:1. 4 MACAROONS
Cat:2. 4 SLICES OF TRAYBAKE
Cat:3. 4 HERB SCONES
Cat:4. A QUICHE LORRAINE max 24cm
Cat:5. A VICTORIA SANDWICH 3 EGG SIZE MAX 20cm
Cat:6. APPLE PIE max 25cm
CLASS 10: PRESERVES:
Cat:1. JAR OF FRUIT JELLY
Cat:2. JAR OF RASPBERRY JAM
Cat:3. JAR OF LEMON CURD
ANYONE ENTERING 8 OR MORE CATEGORIES GAINS FREE ADMISSION TO THE SHOW!!
£1 PER ENTRY PER CATEGORY apart from the CHILDRENS CLASS WHICH IS FREE.
Organisers: Lucy Annat and Mary Goodwin.
Please print out and fill in the Entry Form and send to:
Tel: 07759 903655
Please state name, address, telephone no and class/category no and include fees, please use extra paper if needed. Cheques made payable to: ‘Hartington Wakes Sports & Show’
CLOSING DATE 5TH SEPTEMBER 2015
SHOW RULES for ENTRIES
- All exhibits must be the bona-fide property of, and have been grown in the garden of the exhibitor
- The Committee reserves the right to withdraw any prize should the judges consider the entries of insufficient merit.
- The decision of the Judges is final NO EXCEPTIONS.
NO EXHIBIT SHALL BE REMOVED FROM THE SHOW UNTIL THE PRIZES HAVE BEEN PRESENTED.
- Any exhibit not removed by 6.00p.m. shall become the property of the Society.
- The Committee will not hold themselves responsible for any loss, but every care will be taken by the stewards.
- Any exhibitor wishing to lodge an objection about exhibits must deposit £1 with the Show Secretary by 2 p.m. on the day of the show. If the objection is upheld, the deposit will be returned.
- Any dispute arising will be settled by the Committee, whose decision shall be final.
Please use contacts below for more information:
SHEEP: Mr F Rushton: 01335 390306 or 07970 652254
CATTLE: Mr M Hallam: 07971 087299 or Emma Sparks: 07792 723281
HORSES: Zoe Riley: 07866 628718
DRIVING: Ann Stubbs: 01298 84799
TRACTORS/VINTAGE: Mr R Sherratt: 01298 84369
HANDICRAFTS / HOME PRODUCE:
Mrs Mary Goodwin: 07759 903655
STALLS: Anna Wardle: 07526 696675
FUN DOGS: Sarah Bates: 07969 393841
All other information please contact Mrs Sarah Bates: 07969 393841 or Miss Anna Wardle: 07526 696675