Hartington History Group
The History Group evolved out of a village exhibition held in 2008, ‘Hartington Through the Ages’, which generated considerable community interest and unearthed a wealth of artefacts, photographs, documents and memorabilia.
- Oral Memory Events.
- Adding to, recording and storage of the now extensive materials collection begun in 2008.
- Researching the background to those named on Hartington’s War Memorial.
- Researching the history of the Village School for its 150th anniversary 2016.
- Preparation of publications, based on records and memories of past and present residents.
- ‘Who Lived in Our House?’ – a continuing project which will research the residential history of particular Hartington properties.
- Digital Archiving of history group records.
- The Group meets on an occasional basis to discuss and progress current projects.
- As we develop collation and storage of the collection of artefacts, etc., meetings will be held on a more regular basis.
- The sub-group involved with ‘Who Lived in Our House?’ currently meets most Monday evenings in the Village Hall between 7 and 8 o’clock.
- Any interested person is welcome to be involved with this Group.